Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Weekend Mac Ritchie Tree top walk

Ok this is yet another crazy thing that I have suggested. For a person who seldom exercise want to go Mac Ritchie Tree top.... Hubby keep asking if I am sure I want to do this and keep repeating it's 10km walk. hummmm I did reconsider for a few seconds but the more he ask the more I want to challenge myself. If it's walking speed wouldn't be that hard bah. 

So to prove myself that I can do it, I said YES let's go! Hubby said we need to travel light, so told me that we can't carry too much things. No to my portable fan, no to my extra t-shirt, no to my powerbank, no to my snacks...... SAD!

We also jio LH to accompany us, his the only one that will do such things with us lah anyway. hahaha. We meet around 8am at Ang Mo Kio for Mac donald breakfast, must make sure I have enough food and energy as we will not have any snacks with us. 

We reached the place at around 9am and started walking to the tree top. It took us around 1hour walk before we reach the tree top. I was quite surprise to see quite a lot of people at the place, some are in groups, some are couple with young children, some even carrying baby.... = =" There's even some ang mo running, guess they are doing some training. I find it hard to jog there as the path are uneven, if there's rain before hand, some place will be damn muddy. 



Us before we start of our weekend long long walk...






Along the way you will also see monkey, do not feed them as they might get naughty and hurt you. But in general if you don't disturb them they will not come and disturb you. 


There's a few stop where you can take your rest. Only one stop there's toilet and water point, once you see that stop you are almost near the tree top. 


Us half way there....


You will also see a lot of signage that tells you ONE WAY ONLY, Do not turn back. hahaha


And once you reach the tree top it's really ONE WAY ONLY liao! No turn back! You also tend to get stuck in between because everyone wants to take a selfie! Of cause same for us!







Just when you thought ok done with the tree top since we are at the highest point from now it is down hill liao bah! Oh hell NO! There's a long long staircase that you need to climb up! 


And after you go Up, you go down again! OMG I simply got to stop half way the staircase down because see too many yellow lines liao. Until I blur and if don't stop I scare I'll miss my steps and I'll roll down!


After the tree top, we went to the Jelutong Tower, yet more staircase up...



The view up there...




And I saw this butterfly at the bottom of the tower... super big


We completed the walk around 11.30am, using 2.5hrs to finish the walk! Feel super proud of myself to be able to complete the walk. And after the walk our rewarding lunch is our favourite....



Happy Tree Top Walk! Mission Completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment